Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 16 - Sorry I'm Late in Posting

Looks like I’m not going to be having Wi-Fi here.  Oh well, I’m just going to write my posts anyway and I’ll upload them when I get a chance.  There’s supposed to be a little courtyard across the street which is sporadically open and has free Wi-Fi, so maybe I’ll be able to head over there at some point.  We are now in Toubab Dialo.  It’s another ocean-side city, and our hotel is absolutely gorgeous, and right on the beach.  Our only complaint so far is the water, which comes from a well and occasionally simply stops.  We spent most of the day just lounging on the beach, getting tan, climbing the rocks, and playing in the waves.  There are tourist-y little stands right outside of our hotel too if we decide that we want to buy some souvenirs, which is nice because it’s actually pretty difficult to find things like that in Dakar.  We had a writer come speak to us for about an hour, although to be honest I’m not sure I understood a lot of what he was talking about.  He talked a lot about dryness, and the universality of rhythm.  I’m pretty sure there was also something about salt-eating zombies, but I pretty much just gave up trying to understand at that point.  He looked kind of crazy too, so that wasn’t really helping.  We watched the sunset from our hotel’s deck, and later built a pretty good bonfire down on the beach, especially considering the amount of wood that we had to work with.  We borrowed Thiam’s speakers so we could play music and sing, and had a good time just hanging out, without the adults around.  All in all it was a pretty perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment